What is NLP?
What is NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)?
NLP is the codification of human experience. It helps us to understand how people organise their thoughts,language, feelings and behaviour to achieve their results. Our behaviour and perception of our world is created through interpretation of our minds to previous experiences and the opinions and beliefs of those around us, i.e our parents, teachers, religious leaders and peers. This is why people experiencing the same external event can recall it very differently.
NLP is a set of tools and guiding principles to shift beliefs and thought processes that are limiting growth and progression, as well as giving us a better understanding of people’s behaviour and the best ways to communicate with them.
NLP gives people the tools to model excellence achieved by geniuses and leaders in their field in order to replicate it within themselves. NLP is also used for personal development and for success in business
The nervous system (the mind), through which our experience is processed via our five main senses- Visual, Auditory, Kinaesthetic, Olfactory & Gustatory. The experience of the external world is then filtered through our neurology to create internal stored images, feelings and results in external behaviours.
Language and other nonverbal communication systems through which our neural representations are coded, ordered and given meaning. This is how we communicate with ourselves and the world around us to express the internal images and behaviour created in the neurology.
The ability to discover and utilise the programs that we run (our communication to ourselves and others) in our neurological systems to achieve our specific and desired outcomes. It is the behaviour and outcome that links the Neuro & Linguistic elements.
How Does it Work?
NLP works on the belief that everyone has the resources they need to make positive change in their life. It also works on the premise that in order for someone to have a problem in their life, then within them is the solution to it as without a comparison to a norm, then it wouldn't be a problem.
Is NLP and Hypnosis the Same?
Hypnosis is a set of rituals in order to induce a trance state in a person so that you can communicate directly with the unconscious mind to create change or cement new beliefs and behaviour. NLP is a set of tools, processes and techniques which interact with both the conscious and unconscious mind. There are elements of Hypnosis used in NLP as some of the linguistic patterns ( the Milton model) was modelled off Milton Erickson who was a Physician who practiced Hypnosis.
Does NLP Work?
Yes! Having experienced processes of NLP on myself, many clients and students, I can say with absolute conviction that NLP does Work. NLP is considered to be both and art form and a science. This is the case because NLP deals with human behaviour, emotions and communication which is all subjective and results can only really be measured in terms relative to the individual. NLP is about modelling excellence and breaking down behaviour into a process to either be replicated or changed. So when performed by a skilled practitioner, NLP is very effective.
How does the Training work?
During the 8- Day Training you will learn to:
• Improve Communication
• Learn the mindset of successful people
• Gain confidence in all situations
• Overcome phobias
• Learn how to make decisions that are truly right for you
• Learn how to achieve your goals
• Clear negative self-talk and feelings
• Control your state
• Overcome limiting beliefs
• Change unwanted behaviour
• Improve your career prospects
• Develop your leadership skills
Our NLP Training Courses are designed in a way to add value, knowledge and confidence to both the beginner as well as the more seasoned therapist/ practitioner. The courses are hands on with plenty of practice so that you get an array of experience across the duration of the course under guidance and constructive feedback, so that when you leave, you are confident in all that you have learnt. Having worked and developed yourself throughout the week, you'll leave the classroom with focus,clarity and motivation to go out and create the life you truly want.
Are the Courses Certified & Accredited?
Yes! All our courses are accredited and certified by the :
American Board of NLP, ABNLP
American Board of Hypnosis, ABH
Time Line Therapy™ Association TLTA™
Wherever there is human interaction and growth potential, NLP can be used to develop and enhance performance.
NLP in your Personal Life:
Understand and be the master of your thoughts, emotions and behaviour:
* Gain focus, direction and control of your life.
* Get motivation to achieve goals.
* Eliminate limiting beliefs.
* Release unwanted emotions such as: anger, sadness, fear, hurt, guilt.
* Align your values around money, career, health, relationships and family for greater success.
NLP to create your ideal Relationship:
* Attract the right person for you.
* Improve the quality of your existing relationships.
* Gain clarity on the relationship you want.
* Create your desired self image.
* Create instant rapport with others.
NLP for your health and well-being:
* Eliminate stress.
* Remove unwanted eating patterns.
* Eliminate anxieties and phobias.
* Create and maintain your ideal weight.
NLP in Business:
*Enhance leadership skills.
* Increase Sales.
* Improve recruitment by hiring the best candidates for your company.
* Create strong relationships with your customers, vendors and suppliers.
* Communicate efficiently and effectively with employees and managers.
* Improve negotiation skills.
* Create world class customer service.
Management / Coaching:
* Improve presentation skills and meeting format.
* Create high-functioning teams.
* Rapidly resolve conflicts and build agreements around goals.
* Increase productivity.
Previous delegates have varied from:
Private & Public Sector Leaders & Professionals
Managers, Human Resource & Service Industry
Public Speakers & Writers
Politicians & Diplomats
Therapist & Life Coaches
Doctors & Dentists
What happens after the course?
You become eligible to join the Mind Is Matter Alumni group, which connects you with past delegates from around the world ensuring the quality of training is one. This means that you can collaborate and exchange ideas with multiple people of similar interests and drive in a variety of fields, building a strong community.